- In 1890, the U.S. begins to target China as a market.
- The Philippines allow the United States to sell to the very large Chinese population.
- American influence grows over China along with the European powers.
- U.S. businesses flourish in China with a whole new population to sell to.
- In 1893, the Boxer Rebellion begins.
- The Qing Dynasty is weakening, its time has come to an end.
- Chinese militants attack foreigners in China, targeting anything that is perceived as foreign influence.
- The uprising is put down by the combined foreign powers.
- With the Chinese population now hostile to the United States, it is decided that America should focus on its own issues back at home.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.