- In response to the discovery of the atomic bomb, the Soviet Union would start mass-producing weapons and tanks.
- While they had their own atomic bomb, they still needed conventional weapons in case war broke out.
- The Soviet Union would also begin to produce bigger and better atomic bombs. They felt that they needed to outperform the United States.
- The weapons produced by the Soviet Union would be shipped to their allies to help in the proxy wars.
- In response to Soviet military buildup, the U.S. built themselves up.
- More atomic bombs were produced, and the U.S. researched more new military technologies.
- President Truman felt that the only way to prevent war was to be equal with the Soviet Union.
- If one nation was stronger than the other, then war would occur.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.