Response to the SovietsEdit
- With Europe destroyed, the United States would become a leader in trying to stop the Soviet Union.
- War could not be declared, because the U.S. knew that the Sovet Union would be the victor. The U.S. did not have enough backing from its allies.
- U.S. troops stayed in Europe to ensure that the Soviet Union would not encroach any further.
- With British power sinking, Canada became an issue for the British.
- They could no longer afford to hold onto it, so they sold it to the United States.
- The U.S.'s Manifest Destiny would almost be fully realized at this point.
- Seeing the little territory that Mexico still held as a threat to the U.S.'s southern border, the U.S. moved south to annex the rest of Mexico.
- The U.S. would come to control the majority of North America.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.